- Yield: 4 Servings about 1 cup per serving
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup light, trans-fat-free margarine
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) piece reduced-sodium deli ham, chopped
- 0.33 cup sliced scallions
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- In a soup pot, combine beans; mash slightly with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Stir in broth and cook over low heat until heated through.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt margarine; sauté carrots until tender, stirring constantly. Add carrots, ham, scallions, bay leaf, and pepper to bean mixture. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.