If you’re watching your weight, shave off some calories by making this smoothie with water instead of rice milk, oat milk, or hemp milk.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 banana, peeled, chopped, and frozen
- ½ to 1 cup water, rice milk, oat milk, or hemp milk
- ¼ cup vanilla pea or rice protein powder (or ½ cup hemp powder)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
How to Make It
- In a blender, combine the banana, ½ cup water or milk, protein powder, 1 tablespoon of the walnuts, and the cocoa powder. Process until smooth, about 1 minute, adding the remaining ½ cup water or milk as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the raspberries, the remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts, and the cacao nibs.