Some good crusty bread and selection of your favorite mustards are perfect serve-alongs for this robust, German-style meal.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Hours
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1½ pounds cooker smoked Polish sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (14 to 16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
How to Make It
- In a 4½ to 5½ quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, sweet pepper, and carrot. Add sausage.
- In a small bowl, stir together apple juice, cider vinegar, caraway seeds, salt, and black pepper. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2½ to 3 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in sauerkraut. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. To serve, transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.