Delicious and irresistible. . . . These apples are ideal if, like the witch from Snow White, you think that the best way to ensure that an act of revenge is carried out properly is to do it yourself.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 lb 2 oz fructose (health food section of your store)
- Blue and black liquid food coloring
How to Make It
- Conjure up some lightning in your secret laboratory so you can see more clearly, then summon the spirit of the Mirror.
- Rinse the apples, remove the stems and insert wooden twigs or sticks into the center, pushing them in well so they are secure.
- Roll the lemon back and forth several times across a work surface under the palm of your hand, pressing firmly, then cut it in half and collect the juice.
- In a cauldron as black as your soul, melt the fructose with the lemon juice and bring to a boil. When the candy is golden but not yet coppery, add 4 drops of blue coloring to each 1 drop of black (according to the Mirror’s advice).
- Mix and remove from the heat.
- Dip the apples in the candy, coating them completely with both the sugar and your resentment.
- Place the apples on a plate lined with parchment paper and let them cool completely, until the candy is as dry as your heart.