Pizza Pull-Apart Bread is a movie night must-have. Whenever I lay out a spread of appetizers, this dish is always the first to go. Feel free to sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes over the top and forget the frozen pizza routine this will be your new favorite way to indulge in Pizza 2.0.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian dry spice mix
- 1 (16.3-ounce) tube Pillsbury Grands refrigerated rolls
- 1 (14-ounce) can or jar pizza sauce
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Line the slow cooker with a piece of parchment paper, leaving an overhang like a sling.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and spice mix.
- Pull apart the rolls and cut each into 6 wedges. Using your fingers, stretch and pull each into an approximately 1½-inch square. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the pizza sauce on each square and top with a piece of pepperoni and 1 teaspoon of the mozzarella. Pull the edges together and pinch to seal completely. Dip into the bowl of olive oil and arrange in the bottom of the slow cooker loosely next to one another. When the bottom is covered, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella and continue making even layers until all the biscuit pieces have been used. Sprinkle any remaining pepperoni and cheese on top and drizzle with any remaining olive oil.
- Cover and cook on High for 1½ hours. Serve with the remaining pizza sauce for dipping. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil.