These chewy treats are quite decadent tasting. No one will guess they’re actually healthy.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted, unsweetened, chunky peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter substitute, softened
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Suzanne’s Specialties brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry or sprouted whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whip the peanut butter, vegan butter, coconut sugar, brown rice syrup, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Add the flour, rolled oats, coconut, baking powder, and baking soda to the peanut butter mixture and mix into a soft dough. Fold in the chocolate chips to incorporate them fully.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared pans, pressing lightly and rounding, leaving 1 inch between cookies. Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden and tenderly firm. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely. These will keep, in a tightly sealed container, for about 10 days.