These doughnuts have fresh peaches in them and taste so deliciously juicy and fresh. They are lightly brushed with peach syrup, then dunked in cinnamon sugar, and let me tell you you will never want any other doughnut again. These are so amazing!
- Yield: 18 Doughnuts
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups + 1 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 3–4 peaches, finely diced
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ Tbsp peach jam
- ¼ cup peach jam
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ tsp cinnamon
- Mini marshmallows
- Toothpicks, cut in half
- Washi tape
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Pink and purple oil-based food coloring
- Brown sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a doughnut pan.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1½ cups of flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with sour cream. Mix the peaches with 1 tablespoon flour and add to the batter, along with the vanilla extract and ¾ tablespoon peach jam.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and tap several times to remove any air bubbles. Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 20 minutes. Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove them from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack and fully cool.
- Combine ¼ cup peach jam with ¼ cup water. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Working with one doughnut at a time, brush each with the peach jam glaze. Then dunk into the cinnamon and sugar. Skewer mini marshmallows onto toothpicks and brush with the jam glaze, then coat in cinnamon sugar and stick them into the doughnuts to create sandcastles. Stick some washi tape onto a toothpick and stick it into the top of each sandcastle to look like a flag.
- Divide the melted white chocolate into two bowls and dye them coral and light purple. Spoon the chocolate onto a tray lined with parchment paper and shape them into starfish. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes until the chocolate is fully set.
- To serve, sprinkle some brown sugar onto a tray to look like sand, and place the doughnuts on top. Top with the chocolate starfish and enjoy!