When Auguste Escoffier was Executive Chef At The Savoy In London in the 1890s, he created Pêche Melba for Australian opera singer Nellie Melba. The combination of poached peaches, raspberry sauce, and vanilla ice cream has become a classic. Here, we’ve given it a spin on the grill, also with delicious results. In place of whipped cream on fruit desserts, we love honey-flavored Greek yogurt, especially the Greek Gods brand. But you can also stir honey into plain Greek yogurt.
- Yield: 4 Bruschetta
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices brioche loaf or challah
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Honeyed Greek yogurt
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill.
- Place the peach halves cut-side down on the grill. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until the peaches are tender and blistered.
- Transfer the peaches to a work surface. Remove the skins, cut the peaches into thin slices, and place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice and toss to blend.
- Grill the brioche slices for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until they have good grill marks.
- To serve, place each brioche slice on a plate and top with peaches, raspberries, and a dollop of honeyed Greek yogurt.