- Yield: 6 Servings
For the Potato Salad
- 4 pounds small creamer potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 small red onion or 2 shallots, minced
- 1 stalk of celery, minced
For the Aioli
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 500°F. For the Potato Salad
- In a medium pot, cover potatoes with cold water by 2". Add vinegar and season generously with salt. Bring up to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and let dry a few minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Divide potatoes between two baking sheets and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping the potatoes midway through. For the Aioli
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk with the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic, smoked Spanish paprika (if using), and salt. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously until the mixture emulsifies.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes together with the green onion, red onion, celery, and aioli. Serve warm and immediately.