- Yield: 4 Servings
- 9 oz (250 g) dried orecchiette
- 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- 1 oak leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 pears
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 9 oz (250 g) bleu cheese, diced
- scant ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 oz (55 g) corn salad
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Bring a large heavy-bottom pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, return to a boil, and cook for 8–10 minutes, or until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, refresh in a bowl of cold water and drain again.
- Place the radicchio and oak leaf lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Halve the pears, remove the cores, and dice the flesh. Toss the diced pear with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small bowl to prevent discoloration. Top the salad with the bleu cheese, walnuts, pears, pasta, tomatoes, onion slices, and grated carrot. Add the basil and corn salad.
- For the dressing, mix the lemon juice and the olive oil together in a measuring cup, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.