This is a pot dish that is made with the freshest flavors of the summer season. Made with fresh lemon, asparagus and Parmesan cheese, this is a dish that you will want to make nearly every night of the week.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- 3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, evenly divided
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into pieces
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup of onion, chopped
- 1 cup of orzo
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2¼ cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of asparagus, cut into 1 inch sized pieces
- 3 to 5 ounces of super greens
- 1 lemon, juice and zest only
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded and extra for serving
How to Make It
- In a pot set over medium to high heat, add in 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add in the chicken pieces. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add in the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the orzo and minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken broth. Allow to come to a boil. Cover. Lower the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes before adding in the asparagus. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add in the spinach. Cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- Add in the cooked chicken, lemon zest, lemon juice and shredded parmesan cheese. Stir well to mix.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a topping of Parmesan cheese.