Everything you need in a satisfying snack, these bars are full of good things, and quick and easy to make. Lovely with a cup of tea or packed into a lunchbox to take to school or work.
- Yield: 10 bars
- 1¼ cups (150 g) ground almonds
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (80 g) blanched almonds
- ½ cup (50 g) walnuts
- 3 tablespoons linseeds (flaxseeds)
- ½ cup (75 g) raisins
- 100 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 75 g raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 g almond butter
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (fan-forced). Grease and line an 11 cm x 34 cm tart tin with removable base or similar.
- Place the ground almonds, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk to combine well. Stir in the nuts, seeds and raisins.
- Place the coconut oil, honey, vanilla and almond butter into a small saucepan and stir over low heat until just warmed through. Alternatively, place in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Pour into the dry ingredients, add the orange zest and stir to combine well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden. Stand until cool, then cut into 10 bars.