- Yield: 10 Servings
- 500 g puff pastry
Pastry Cream Chocolate
- 500 g full-fat milk
- 10 g butter
- 75 g whole eggs
- 10 g caster sugar
- 15 g cornflour
- 30 g plain flour
- Cacao Barry Extra-bitter Guayaquil, 64% dark chocolate
- Icing sugar
- Cocoa powder
How to Make It
- Roll out to a 30 cm square.
- Leave to rest and bake in a hot oven to start (200°C) for 20 minutes, then turn down to 160°C for approximately 40 minutes. The pastry should be dry and crisp.
- Leave to cool and cut into three strips approximately 10 cm wide. Pastry Cream Chocolate
- Bring the milk and butter to the boil
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar together and add the sieved cornflour and flour.
- Add a third of the milk and butter mixture to the eggs and flour mixture, combine and take back to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the chopped chocolate and leave to cool on a tray covered with a cling film.
- Divide the pastry cream mix into two portions. Starting with pastry, spread one portion of pastry cream over the top, add the next strip of pastry, the second portion of pastry cream then finally the last pastry strip. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before decorating with icing sugar and cocoa powder.