Fresh, fragrant and delightfully simple, this little concoction is a delicious way to start the day or, indeed, to end a meal.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 oranges
- 1¼ oz (30 g) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange blossom water
- 2–3 tbsp crème fraîche or sour cream
- ½–1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 oz (25 g) pistachios, toasted and chopped
How to Make It
- Cut the top and bottom off the oranges, just down as far as the flesh. Peel the oranges with a knife, either from the top to bottom or in a spiral around the Equator. Cut the oranges into slices horizontally.
- Place the oranges in a bowl, then sprinkle the icing sugar and the orange blossom water over the top. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or even the whole day) to chill.
- When ready to serve, put on plates, spoon a blob of crème fraîche over the oranges and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and the pistachios.