Salad platters are the perfect way to keep dinner simple during the busy summer months. Hummus is the star of this plate. For ease, use canned chickpeas, which, in my opinion, are completely acceptable for something you are going to puree anyway. This light meal is perfect for entertaining.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- Baba Ganoush
- Roasted Red Peppers
- ½ cup tahini
- 3 ounces feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
- 4 whole wheat pitas, toasted and cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into rounds
For the Hummus
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the parsley and paprika and pulse on high speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and puree until smooth. Adjust the consistency and thickness to the desired level by adding the oil a little at a time.
- Scrape the hummus onto a plate or into a bowl. Sprinkle with the parsley and paprika. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Just before serving, drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top of the hummus. To Serve
- Set out the bowls of hummus, baba ganoush, tahini, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese, along with the pitas and cucumbers for dipping or scooping.