This classic meatloaf recipe is ideal for a pre-prepared or on the spot weekday evening dinner, since it can be made in minutes. The only things to dice are the optional onion and grated ginger.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
- Total Time: 65 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean minced beef
- 1 cup (240 ml) dried bread crumbs
- 1 medium chopped mild onion (optional)
- 25 mm (1”) stub of peeled and grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp dried parsley leaves
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried ginger
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- tsp of salt
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Add the minced beef to a large bowl.
- Add dried bread crumbs and some of the optional chopped onion and mix.
- Now add milk and an egg and mix thoroughly, Next, introduce the dried parsley, dried ginger and salt and pepper.
- Mix it together thoroughly by hand.
- Pour the meat mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Firm the meat down to form a level layer.
- Bake uncovered for 55 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for about10 minutes before serving (as it may break up).