Just a tad of sweetness from maple syrup and crunch from sesame seeds for this addictive healthy snack.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 5 cups kale (stripped from stalk, torn into pieces a little larger than bite-size, rinsed, and dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 0.12 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and two pinches of salt. Massage the kale with your hands until all areas of the kale leaves are covered and softened a bit. Mix in the maple syrup, cayenne, and sesame seeds. Most of the sesame seeds should stick to the leaves.
- Place on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, mixing several times to prevent the outer edges from burning and to keep the kale pieces as separate as possible. Taste a piece while cooking and add an additional pinch of salt, if needed. Let cool on the baking sheet; the mixture should crisp up nicely.