This reminds me of Boston Brown Bread.
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) unsulfured molasses
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ 4 cup (60 g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill millet flour
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill sorghum flour
- ½ cup (56 g) flax meal
- 1 cup (235 ml) rice milk or safe milk alternative
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (165 g) packed sulfite-free raisins
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Mix together molasses, oil, brown sugar, and salt. Add in the flours and flax meal. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the rice milk and vinegar. With mixer on low, slowly add the rice milk mixture to the molasses mixture. Blend until well combined. Stir in the raisins.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 13-inch greased (23 x 33-cm) baking pan and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove aluminum foil and let cool. Cut into squares. Serve warm.