- 150 g cream, infused with roasted hazelnuts
- 14 g Gelatin
- 700 g Cacao Barry hazelnut piemont praline 50%
- 2 g salt
- kg whipped cream, infused with hazelnuts
Feuillantine Pipe and Pineapple Sorbet
- 900 g Cacao Barry hazelnut piemont praline 50%
- 450 g Cacao Barry Paillete feuillantine
- 225 g Cacao Barry Excellence 55%
- 1 litre pineapple juice
- 50 g lemon juice
- 50 g white rum
- 200 g sugar
- 50 g glucose powder
- 4 g stabiliser
Chocolate Streusel and Garnish
- 600 g butter
- 600 g sugar
- 600 g almond powder
- 450 g flour
- 120 g Cacao Barry extra brute cocoa powder
- 9 g salt
- Fresh cress
- Pulled sugars
How to Make It
- Boil the cream and pour over the hazelnut praline paste.
- Add the gelatin and salt and combine.
- Cool down and add the whipped cream. Chill. Feuillantine Pipe
- Melt the 55% dark chocolate and praline.
- Fold in the feuillantine.
- Roll down to 5 mm and use to form pipes, to be filled with the mousseline. Chocolate Streusel
- Mix together the dry ingredients then rub in the butter to create a breadcrumb consistency.
- Cover and chill for minimum 2 hours.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet, evenly spread, bake at 175°C for 15 minutes, stirring and turning a couple of times, break up any large clumps.
- Allow to cool in tray. To Assemble
- Arrange the chocolate struesel on the plate.
- Fill the pipes with the mousseline and place on the soil.
- Garnish with fresh cress for the colour.
- Quenelle the sorbet and decorate with a fine sugar pull on top.