- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Marinated Short Ribs
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated or shredded
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
How to Make It
- Remove the ribs from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and arrange in a large sauté pan (with a lid). Set over medium-high heat and sear for about 4 minutes each side, until the ribs are browned.
- Pour the reserved marinade and the broth into the pan, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce the liquid. Transfer the ribs to a platter or serving dish and cover loosely with foil. Save the rest of the cooking liquid to serve alongside the ribs.
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the pan, stirring to combine, and cook over medium heat until wilted. Add to the serving platter.
- Heat brown rice over medium heat with 2 Tablespoons water. Fluff with fork and serve on the side.