Kenan and Kel ruled Nickelodeon, starting with the show All That and ending up with their own show, Kenan & Kel. Every ’90s kid remembers Kenan and Kel and their infamous obsession with orange soda, which means that the only way to properly honor them is with an Orange Soda Mini Donut!
- Yield: 24 mini donuts
- 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup orange soda
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons orange soda
- If using an electric donut maker, preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using donut pans, preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add orange soda, oil, and orange extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps. If using Mini-Donut Pans
- Carefully fill each donut indentation 3⁄4 full. Bake for 7–9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rack and cool completely. If using an Electric mini-Donut Maker
- Carefully fill each donut indentation 3⁄4 full. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Remove donuts from appliance, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easy cleanup. Then, in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and orange soda until smooth.
- Dip the top of each donut into the icing, transfer to a wire rack, and let set for 5 minutes. Serve immediately; donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days but are best served fresh.