The duo at Booze Époque, a bartending catering company in Somerville, Massachusetts, created this Bloody Mary using kale and tomatillos, with a bit of heat from fresh horseradish and serrano peppers. A delicious addition to your brunch menu.
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 3 ounces tomatillo juice (from 3 to 4 tomatillos)
- ¼ ounce celery juice (from about ½ celery stalk)
- 0.12 ounce kale juice (from about 2 kale leaves)
- 1 slice of serrano pepper
- 0.12 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1½ ounces blanco tequila
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ ounce Vida mezcal
- 1 slice of tomatillo, wasabi microgreen, and/or a ring of sliced serrano
How to Make It
- In a juicer, juice the tomatillos, celery, and kale separately. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the serrano pepper; add the horseradish, tequila, and the tomatillo, celery, and kale juice; add the salt and pepper.
- Shake over ice. Double strain into a martini glass. Add a mezcal float. Garnish the side of the glass with a tomatillo round, wasabi microgreen, and/or a serrano slice.