It’s been shown that in athletes, gelatin can lessen the inflammation that leads to joint pain and stiffness, and can repair small tears in cartilage. Gelatin is rich in an amino acid called glycine, which helps the liver clear toxins from your body. This recipe tastes so good that you may want to double it.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- ¼ cup cold filtered water
- 1½ Tbsp organic gelatin powder (from grass-fed or pasture-raised cows)
- ¼ cup filtered water, just off the boil
- 1½ cups organic fruit juice of choice
- 1 cup organic fresh fruit (such as strawberries and wild blueberries), optional booster
- Have ready an 8-by-8-inch baking dish or several small ramekins.
- Pour the cold water in a large mixing cup or quart-size Mason jar, and add the gelatin powder. Mix well until it thickens.
- Add the boiling water and stir. Then add the juice and mix well.
- If using fruit, place it in the baking dish or ramekins. Pour the gelatin mixture into the dish or ramekins, and if using fruit, stir lightly to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight to set.
- Bring gell-o to room temperature before unmolding and cutting into cubes or different shapes (you can use cookie cutters) and serving.