This hummus dip replaces chickpeas with green soybeans. Green soybeans have fewer carbs, fewer calories and more protein than chickpeas.
- Yield: 12
- Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 13 Minutes
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons garlic (minced)
- ⅛ teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 6 pita breads (cut into wedges, warmed)
- Lemon juice (to garnish)
How to Make It
- Add the green soybeans and water to a small-sized saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for between 8-10 minutes. Drain the mixture.
- In a food blender or processor, combine the cooked soybeans along with the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, kosher salt, minced garlic and hot pepper sauce. Blend until silky smooth. Add the chopped parsley, and process until incorporated.
- Serve with warm pita wedges and a squeeze of lemon.