Gyuveche has been prominent in the Bulgarian cuisine for decades, and it is only getting more popular. This delicious meal gets its name from the ceramic pot in which it is baked. Just wash the ingredients, cut, put them in the pot, and bake.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 5 medium potatoes (sliced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Parsley (chopped)
How to Make It
- Brown ground beef and add some salt and pepper.
- Put half of the sliced potatoes at the base of the (Gyuveche ) pot.
- Drop half of the chopped tomato, carrots, onion, red bell pepper, and celery on top of the potatoes. Season with pepper, salt, and paprika.
- Sprinkle browned beef on top of the content in the pot and add more salt, pepper, and paprika to season.
- Add another batch of carrots, potatoes, red bell pepper, tomato, onion, and celery. Season.
- Pour 1 cup of water and 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil into the cup.
- Cover the pot and bake over 450 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven carefully. Break four eggs and spread on top of the vegetables.
- Put back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Season to your taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.