- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 swordfish steaks (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.33 cup mixed greens
- 2 small ciabattas, cut open
- 4 slices ripe tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Balsamic vinegar for sprinkling
How to Make It
- Wash and pat dry the swordfish steaks. Coat both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a Lodge 12-inch cast iron grill pan over high heat until hot. Add the swordfish steaks to the pan, and grill just until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To assemble each sandwich, layer half the greens on the bottom half of a ciabatta, set a swordfish steak on top of 2 tomato slices, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the capers and a little vinegar, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Top with the other half of the ciabatta, cut the sandwich in half with a serrated knife, and serve.