Fresh herbs add a bounty of flavor to this silken tofu and avocado dip. It’s a quick way to get a protein fix in an unexpected place: as a vegetable or chip dip. Try it spread on sandwiches, too.
- Yield: 10 Servings, 2½ cups (740 g) dip
- 12 ounces (340 g) extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) chopped scallion
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- ¼ cup (60 ml ) fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (11 g) nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (24 g) chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons (6 g) chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (20 g) packed fresh baby arugula
How to Make It
- Combine the tofu, avocados, scallion, onion, lemon juice, garlic, and nutritional yeast in a small blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the dill, chives, salt, agave, mustard, hot sauce, and pepper. Process until smooth. Add the arugula and pulse a few times to chop. Let sit for 1 hour for the flavors to meld. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices or raw vegetables.