- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1½ cups thickly sliced, hulled strawberries
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- ½ cup superfine sugar
How to Make It
- Purée strawberries in a blender or food processor. Pour strawberry purée and grapefruit juice through a sieve set over a large bowl to remove seeds, pressing hard to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Stir in sugar.
- Transfer grapefruit mixture to 9" × 13"× 2" baking pan. Cover pan with foil and freeze for about 1 hour. With a fork, scrape icy edges in toward the center. Repeat every 30 minutes until granita is semifirm, about 2 hours.
- Use a fork to scrape across the surface of granita, transferring ice shards to 6 dessert dishes. Serve at once.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.