- Yield: 5 Servings
- ¾ pound ground pork
- ½ pound ground fresh or cooked ham
- 0.66 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup whole milk
- 0.33 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 0.66 cup fruit juice (orange, pineapple, or peach)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 0.33 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 whole cloves
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground meats, oats, egg, and milk together until well combined. Mold the mixture into balls about the size of a walnut, and arrange in a single layer in a Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet. Bake for 45 minutes. Carefully drain off any fat in the skillet.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a Lodge Chef Skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring almost constantly, until the brown sugar, flour, and mustard are dissolved and the sauce is slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over the ham balls, and bake another 20 minutes, basting once or twice.