A fragrant ginger dressing lifts this pulse-based salad and, along with the inclusion of green chile, adds a gentle heat to the dish.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- ½ cup frozen shelled fava beans
- 14 oz (400 g) can green or brown lentils, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 oz (175 g) feta cheese, cut into cubes
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- pinch of sugar (optional)
How to Make It
- Soak the fava beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Rinse the lentils, drain well, put into a serving bowl, and season. Add the scallions, chile, and drained fava beans, and stir well.
- To make the dressing, put the oil, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add a pinch of sugar (if using), and whisk until well combined. Drizzle over the salad and let stand for 10 minutes, to develop the flavors. When ready to serve, stir in the feta and parsley.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.