Sticky, sweet, and a little spicy, these nuts are great with a cold beer. They are best served warm, but not hot, from the oven. Of course, these work well for any cocktail gathering or bar setup, not solely on game day!
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups pecan halves
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, chili powder, cumin, allspice, cayenne, cinnamon, and paprika. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter. When the butter is melted, add the sugar and soy sauce. Stir to melt and then stir in the spices.
- Add the pecans and toss to coat them in the spiced butter. Cook and toss until the butter is absorbed into the nuts, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread on a rimmed sheet pan and bake until the nuts are fragrant and toasted and the coating is caramelized, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on the sheet pan and serve warm.