A truly whole-grain and vegan imitation of commercial breakfast cereal bars.
- Yield: 9 squares
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp fine salt
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz jam, any flavor
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oats, flour, baking powder, and salt together, then add sugar, applesauce, non-dairy milk, agave, and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Grab a large piece of parchment paper, enough that it lines a 9-inch baking dish with enough paper excess on the sides to work as a handle when you pull the paper out.
- Divide the batter in half, spreading half on the paper to form a layer.
- Lift paper with batter out and set aside. Then grease pan and pour remaining batter in, spreading around to form a layer; set aside.
- Whiz jam with 1 tbsp of water to make a filling, then spread on to batter evenly.
- Carefully but quickly flip the remaining batter out on top of the jam, pat down gently and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until light brown and no longer wet to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting slices. Transfer slices to a wire cooling wrack to prevent bottoms from becoming soft.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.