- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (200 g) whole spelt berries ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 organic grated lemon zest
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup (20 g) chopped fresh dill 1 whole cucumber
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds
- 1 small block (⅓ pound / 150 g) feta cheese
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
How to Make It
- Combine the spelt, salt, and 2 cups (450 ml) water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the grains are tender and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Put the spelt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, and salt together in a small bowl. Pour half of this dressing over the warm spelt and toss to combine. Add the red onion and dill, and toss again.
- Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer, slice the cucumber lengthwise into thin ribbons and add to the bowl. Pour the remaining dressing over the salad, toss to coat, and add the nigella seeds.
- Crumble the feta over the top, gently fold, season with salt and pepper, and enjoy.