If your favorite bakery doesn’t routinely carry mini buns, ask them to make some for you.
- Yield: 24 sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
- ½ cup bottled Thousand Island salad dressing
- 24 small rye or whole wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- Bottled Thousand Island salad dressing (optional)
How to Make It
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker. Place meat in cooker. Sprinkle with spices from packet. Spread sauerkraut over the meat. Drizzle the ½ cup salad dressing over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker and place on cutting board. Thinly slice meat against the grain. Return sliced meat to the cooker; stir to combine with the cooking liquid.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon corned beef mixture onto toasted rolls. Top with cheese and, if desired, additional salad dressing. If desired, secure with cocktail picks.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.