- Yield: 4 Servingsas a appetizer or snack
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon high heat cooking oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (substitute with 1 tablespoon Chinese dark soy sauce plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¼ cup (65 ml) water
- 6 oz (175 g) crispy, plain flavored potato chips
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped green onion (scallion)
How to Make It
- In a bowl, mix together the ground pork with the soy sauce, wine, cornstarch and black pepper. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. When the wok is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the shallots and fry until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add the ground pork and cook until no longer pink, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the kecap manis, vinegar and water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to let the entire thing bubble away and thicken. Taste and season with additional kecap manis or soy sauce if you are using unsalted potato chips.
- Place the potato chips on a large plate and dish the ground pork mixture all over the chips. Top with chopped green onions.