This very simple recipe is suitable for beginners, as long as you follow one basic rule; if the raw mixture tastes good before it is dehydrated, then the end and result will also taste good, so always do a taste texst before you dehydrate the mixture! The only change caused by the dehydration process is that the flavor becomes more intense.
- Yield: 4 dehydrating trays
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 5 carrots
- 1 small zucchini (about 3 oz/80 g)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup almond pulp (Nut Milk Treat and Apple Slivers with Almond Cream)
- 3½ tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the carrots, and then cut the carrots and zucchini into large pieces. Peel the garlic and squeeze it through a garlic press.
- Place the carrots, zucchini, and garlic into a food processor and purée until smooth. Add the almond pulp, ground flaxseed, and curry powder. Using a kitchen spoon or wire whisk, combine all the ingredients well, making sure that there are no lumps. Season to taste.
- Spread the mixture on the dehydrating trays 1⁄4 in (5 mm) thick. Dry in the food dehydrator for 4–5 hours at 104°F (40°C). After the time is up, test to see whether the crispbread is hard enough to turn over. If it is not, dry it for 1⁄2–1 hour more. Test the crispbread again, turn it over, and leave it on the trays to dry completely. Before serving, carefully break the crispbread into large pieces.