This recipe will allow you to use up all the puff pastry trimmings. Serve the crisp cinnamon biscuit with crème caramel or dark chocolate and orange mousse.
- Yield: 30
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 200 g puff pastry or puff pastry trimmings
- 20 g butter
- 50 g icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Make It
- Melt the butter in a pan. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle, 2 mm thick, and brush it with butter. Roll the pastry into a sausage shape, and put it in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Mix the icing sugar with the cinnamon using a fork and spread it out on a plate.
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and cut it with a sharp knife into 3 mm slices.
- Coat each slice with cinnamon icing sugar and roll them out very thinly in order to get a waffle-thin pastry, 10 cm in diameter, using as much cinnamon icing sugar as needed.
- Place the crisp cinnamon biscuits between 2 sheets of baking paper, then between 2 baking trays to keep them flat, and put them in the fridge for 30 minutes. Bake for 8 minutes then turn the trays and bake for another 2–4 minutes until they are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.