- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney or black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ cup chopped okra
- 1 serving of organic spinach powder or ½ cup of spinach baby food
- 1 serving of organic mixed vegetable powder or ½ cup of carrot baby food
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
- In a crock pot, slow cook the thawed chicken breasts until they can easily be shredded using 2 forks to pull them apart, approximately 3-½ hours.
- Then combine all ingredients and slow cook on low for another 3-4 hours or if you are short on time, you can put it on the stove in a soup pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer and for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.