- Yield: 30 mini donuts
- 11⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2.5 ounces multicolored sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
How to Make It
- If using an electric donut maker, preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using donut pans, preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil, and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture and the sprinkles, stirring until there are no lumps. If using mini-Donut Pans
- Carefully fill each donut indentation ¾ full. Bake for 7–9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rack and cool completely. If using an Electric mini-Donut Maker
- Carefully fill each donut indentation 3⁄4 full. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Remove donuts from appliance, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easy cleanup. Then, in a small bowl, whisk together milk and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Dip the top of each donut into the icing, transfer to a wire rack, and let set for 5 minutes. Serve immediately; donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days but are best served fresh.