These little coconut snowballs lie somewhere between a macaroon and a meringue; snow-white and puffy, like perfect little boules de neige.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 drops of lemon juice
- 6 tbsp (80 g) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1¾ cups (150 g) coconut flakes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites until white and slightly thickened. Whisk in the lemon juice. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar and salt, while whisking, until stiff peaks form. Fold in the coconut.
- Using two teaspoons, form small balls of the mixture and carefully drop them onto the lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in the oven and use a wooden spoon to wedge open the oven door slightly. Bake for 1 hour, or until the snowballs are dry on the outside but still slightly moist in the middle. When cooked, they should slide off the paper easily.
- Remove the cookies from the parchment and cool completely on a wire rack. These will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.