Spring is all about citrus for me and I celebrate it in all of my cooking. When I want to add apples to my spring recipes, as I do in this smoothie, I know that they are from cold store so I choose Pink Lady as they hold up well to storage, retaining so much flavour and a great sugar–acid balance. This easily made concoction will have you bouncing out of your skin.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 oranges, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 300 ml natural coconut water
- 3 Pink Lady apples, quartered and cored
- 2 Lime juice
- 15 g ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 10 large mint leaves
- 100 g ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide evenly among 4 glasses and serve immediately.