With a recipe this easy, you’re out of excuses for serving the same old slow cooker meals. Spice up an ordinary night with deliciously citrusy chicken. If you’re watching your weight, forgo the tortillas in favor of lettuce and maybe go light on the shredded cheese.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Hours
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups whole-kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 limes juice
- 4–6 tortillas or lettuce leaves
- Shredded cheese, to taste
- Combine all prep day ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the mixture. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze. Serving Day
- Allow the chicken mixture to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, pour it into the slow cooker, cover it, and cook on low for about 8 hours. Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir the mixture well. Serve topped with cheese on tortillas or lettuce.