If you like citrus aroma and want to add a bright sparkle to your baking, try this chocolate orange muffins recipe!
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium banana
- 6 oz Whole grain flour
- 2 oz Brown sugar, 6 tbsp
- 3 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Olive/coconut oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
For the Flling
- 1 medium orange
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 380°F; put the baking tray inside.
- Grate the orange peel; keep 2 tbsp. of a peel.
- Prepare the dough.
- Clean the banana from peel. Mix all the ingredients for the dough in a blender including grated orange peel.
- You can also make the dough manually—just whisk eggs and sugar; then add mashed banana and grated orange peel. Add the rest of ingredients, and mix well using a tablespoon.
- Prepare the tray—apply oil or place the muffin cups inside.
- Pour out the dough. (It is enough dough for 12 muffins.) Fill each tray section to about three-fourths, as the dough will rise during baking.
- Cut the orange into small slices. Add 1–2 slices of orange on top of each muffin, and press with your finger to make each orange slice drown.
- Place the tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To check if the dough is ready just poke it with a fork—the pieces of the dough should not stick to the fork when you remove it. Extend the time by 5–10 minutes, if necessary.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.