The simplest of all mini treats to make, these are just a slightly more grown-up version of the birthday party staple: chocolate Rice Krispies cakes. Feel free to play to your heart’s content with different filling combinations. Absolutely divine with a cup of coffee or a glass of liqueur at the end of a meal, or just a quick treat on the run.
- Yield: 25 Small Clusters
- 4½ oz (125 g) dark chocolate (55–70% cocoa solids), 2 oz (50 g) toasted nuts, chopped
- 2 oz (50 g) dried fruits, chopped
- Place a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray.
- To melt the chocolate, place the chocolate in a bowl sitting over a saucepan with a few centimetres of water. Bring the water up to the boil, then take off the heat and allow the chocolate to melt slowly.
- Stir in your chosen nuts and dried fruit, then use two teaspoons to make small clusters on the paper. Place somewhere cool to set.