These brownies are crisp on the outside and deliciously gooey inside. The better the quality of your cocoa, the better they taste. It’s worth spending the extra money.
- Yield: 20
- 4 extra large eggs
- 250 g castor sugar
- 150 g butter, melted
- 150 g cake flour
- 80 g good-quality cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g pistachios, chopped
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C. Line the base of a 23 cm square cake pan with greaseproof paper and butter the sides. To make the Batter
- Cream together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, then stir through the melted butter. Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into the egg mixture. Fold in the nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon. Baking and Portioning
- Bake for 30–35 minutes. The brownies should be crisp on top and risen. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 16 or 20 squares.