Moist and juicy chicken with a creamy, garlicky walnut sauce, you’ll come back to this recipe again and again.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine (can substitute 1 cup chicken broth instead)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
How to Make It
- Rub the chicken thighs with the lemon wedges. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and brown slightly on both sides. Add in the wine and bring to a boil. Add in the broth and bay leaves. Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked.
- In the meantime, place the walnuts and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate or serving dish, once cooked. Add in the walnut and garlic mixture and Greek yogurt to the pan and cook on low for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!