Cheesy Fondue is perfect for cheese lovers. Melted cheese is great in any form: pizza, grilled cheese, quesadillas you name it. This fondue simply enables you to take that love to a new level. If you’re like me, this is the recipe for you. This also works great over a low campfire, but use a Dutch oven and double the ingredients.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups grated cheese, (try a mix of Swiss, cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Havarti)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Colman’s mustard powder
- 2 cups pale ale
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Bread cubes and assorted vegetables, for serving
- Rub the bottom of a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with the garlic clove and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the grated cheese with the cornstarch and mustard powder to coat.
- Heat the garlic-rubbed skillet over low heat, add the beer, and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cheese in four parts, letting the cheese melt completely before adding more.
- Serve while still warm and bubbling, garnished with parsley and with a plate of bread and assorted vegetables on the side.