Cauliflower might be on the bland side, but combined with chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper, it turns into a flavorful and filling side. With the addition of tart lime juice and spicy jalapeño pepper it’s a complex dish that comes together in no time.
- Yield: 4 Servingsas a side
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil leaves
For the Cauliflower
- Preheat a water bath to 183°F (83.9°C).
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with the cayenne pepper powder then place in the sous vide bag. Salt and pepper the cauliflower and then seal the bag. Place the bag into the water bath and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until soft. To Assemble
- Heat the oil, peppers, garlic, and chickpeas in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cherry tomatoes, lime juice, and basil.
- Remove the cauliflower from the sous vide bag and add to the pan with the vegetables. Toss well to combine then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.