Chicken becomes deliciously tender when simmered in a rich, creamy sauce with coconut milk and robust, warming spices.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 6 tbsp butter
- 14 oz (414 ml) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice
How to Make It
- In a large wok, melt coconut oil over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter to the hot pan. Once melted, stir in the coconut milk, cumin, chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, add the chicken back in, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the meals, add ½ cup cooked rice to each of 4 meal prep containers, and divide the chicken mixture evenly among the containers.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.