Sweet, crunchy bell peppers and creamy goat cheese are a winning combination. Bulgur wheat is a great staple for your pantry it’s a source of fiber and protein, and very easy to prepare.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1¾ cups fine bulgur wheat
- 1¼ cups hot vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- pinch of mild paprika
- handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
How to Make It
- Put the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, and pour over enough stock to just cover the bulgur. Let stand for 10 minutes, then stir with a fork to fluff up the grains. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the scallions, orange and yellow bell peppers, paprika, mint, and lemon juice, and stir well. Taste, and season again, if needed. To serve, top with the goat cheese and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.